Hanen Course offering, "More Than Words," Fall 2019
- Intended Audience: Parents/Caregivers of children with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder or with social communication challenges
- Can include up to 2 parents/caregivers per child, with at least one being a parent
- Class dates: September 3 (pre-program consultation), 10, 17; October 8, 15, 29; November 5, 12; December 3. The 3 individual sessions will be held during the two-week breaks for each family at the family's home.
- Class time: 6-8pm, Tuesdays
- Cost: $200 per child in order to cover the cost of materials, snacks, time and travel expenditures, individual treatment sessions.
- Will be held at the Swain County Regional Business and Education Center. Driving directions from US 74: Take exit #67/Bryson City onto Veterans Blvd. toward Bryson City Continue straight thru 1st traffic light. Continue on US-19 bearing left at the 2nd traffic light. Continue on US-19 past Mark’s Garage (directional sign on right) Turn right onto Buckner Branch Road Continue to your right. Turn right onto East Ridge Drive (immediately past Mountain View Manor entrance - directional sign). Turn left at entrance.
- RSVP required prior to August 23rd to confirm that course will be held. At least 4-6 children must be clients in order to hold the course.
More Than Words parent brochure:
MTW parent brochure.pdf